Ryan and Megan's Boston Itinerary
Saturday, January 16, 2010 - Monday, January 18, 2010
Howdy, folks! Here's another trip that was booked a while ago when Southwest had a price that was just too good to pass up. After all, who wants to travel to Boston? Beyond that, who would be crazy enough to spend their vacationing weekend in Boston in the middle of winter! Brr!
All times are local to the particular city. All of this trip will take place in the Eastern Time Zone!
Emergency Contact Information:
Phone (Ryan's Cell):
Phone (Megan's Cell):
(will be checked as often as possible)
Once again, we will be bringing a couple webcams along with us for the ride. Signal will be sporadic and
reliant upon good power to the laptop, but whenever we can, we will try to pump new images to this page
every 20 seconds - no need to open a new window or refresh!
Note that on this trip, we won't be driving very much, and when we do, it will be to the middle of nowhere, so don't expect too many updates! If the picture doesn't update, then we are out of signal or not driving. Just check back later.
*** OUTBOUND ***
Nonstop Flight: Saturday, January 16, 2010 -
Southwest Airlines - Flight 680 (Baltimore to Boston)
DEPART Baltimore, MD (BWI) at 8:45 AM
ARRIVE Boston, MA (BOS) at 10:10 AM
*** INBOUND ***
Nonstop Flight: Monday, January 18, 2010 -
Southwest Airlines - Flight 3245 (Boston to Baltimore)
DEPART Boston, MA (BOS) at 6:30 PM
ARRIVE Baltimore, MD (BWI) at 8:20 PM
Hotel: Night 1, January 16, 2010
Best Western West Greenwich Inn
99 Nooseneck Hill Road
West Greenwich, RI 02817
Room Type: 1 King Bed, Non-Smoking, with Internet and Continental Breakfast
Hotel: Night 2, January 17, 2010
Doubletree Club Las Vegas Airport
238 Andover Street
Danvers, MA 01923
Room Type: 1 Queen Bed Studio, Non-Smoking, with Internet and Continental Breakfast
Car Rental: January 16 (10:15am) - January 18 (5:30pm)
Hertz Rent A Car
Boston Logan International Airport
207 Porter Street
Car Type: Compact (Ford Focus or Similar)
You can check out a turn-by-turn itinerary with estimated times by clicking here.
Note: The numbers in the itinerary correspond to the map at the bottom. Italicized items are from the book 1,000 Places to See in the USA and Canada Before You Die. For context, this section was written by Ryan.
Please note that times are ESTIMATES only to give you an idea of what our original plans were. We get distracted and detoured easily, so just check the webcam and/or GPS tracker to get an idea of where we really are.
Saturday, January 16
- 08:45am-10:10am - Southwest Flight to Boston
- 10:10am-10:45am - STOP  - Car Rental Pickup
- 10:45am-11:25am - DRIVING
- 11:25am-01:55pm - STOP  - American Textile History Museum
- 01:55pm-03:02pm - DRIVING
- 03:02pm-03:17pm - STOP  - Southbridge, the start of our scenic drive down route 169
- 03:17pm-03:35pm - DRIVING
- 03:35pm-03:50pm - STOP  - Putnam, the end of our scenic drive down route 169
- 03:50pm-04:46pm - DRIVING
- 04:46pm-05:16pm - STOP  - Museum of Art - Rhode Island School of Design
- 05:16pm-05:19pm - DRIVING
- 05:19pm-07:19pm - STOP  - Al Forno Restaurant
- 07:19pm-07:42pm - DRIVING
- 07:42pm-end of the day - STOP  - Best Western West Greenwich Inn in time to watch the Ravens take on the Colts.
Sunday, January 17
- 08:00am-08:43am - DRIVING
- 08:43am-09:43am - STOPS  - Brenton Point State Park
- 09:43am-09:55am - DRIVING
- 09:55am-10:55am - STOP  - International Tennis Hall of Fame... or not
- 10:55am-10:57am - DRIVING
- 10:57am-11:57am - STOP  - Cliff Walk
- 11:57am-12:37pm - DRIVING
- 12:37pm-01:37pm - STOP  - New Bedford Whaling Museum
- 01:37pm-02:24pm - DRIVING
- 02:24pm-03:24pm - STOP  - Plymouth Rock... again, but this time during the daylight hours
- 03:24pm-04:01pm - DRIVING
- 04:01pm-06:01pm - STOP  - John Quincy Adams National Historic Site
- 06:01pm-06:42pm - DRIVING
- 06:42pm-end of the day - STOP  - Doubletree Club Las Vegas Airport - it's dark out!
Monday, January 18
- 08:00am-08:25am - DRIVING
- 08:25am-08:55am - STOP  - Chandler Hovey Park and Marblehead
- 08:55am-09:45am - DRIVING
- 09:45am-11:45am - STOP  - Samuel Adams Brewing Company... in time for the first tour of the morning
- 11:45am-11:54pm - DRIVING
- 11:54am-12:09pm - STOP  - Museum of Fine Arts... but probably not enough time
- 12:09pm-12:11pm - DRIVING
- 12:11pm-01:11pm - STOP  - Isabella Stewart Gardner Musuem
- 01:11pm-01:19pm - DRIVING
- 01:19pm-01:34pm - STOP  - Cheers Bar
- 01:34pm-01:36pm - DRIVING
- 01:36pm-02:06pm - STOP  - Public Garden
- 02:06pm-02:15pm - DRIVING
- 02:15pm-03:45pm - STOP  - Dinner at Mamma Maria
- 03:45pm-03:45pm - DRIVING
- 03:45pm-04:15pm - STOP  - Paul Revere's House
- 04:15pm-04:19pm - DRIVING
- 04:19pm-04:49pm - STOP  - Durgin Park
- 04:49pm-05:00pm - DRIVING
- 05:00pm-06:30pm - STOP  - Rental Car Return and Southwest Check-in
- 06:30pm-08:20pm - Assuming we don't get snowed in, we'll be back home at a semi-reasonable time!
Where you at?? We are never 100% on time to our destinations, so we've taken all the guesswork out of figuring out where we are by broadcasting our GPS location, courtesy of InstaMapper.com. Per their rules, you'll need to manually refresh this page to see our latest movements, but so long as we get cell phone signal, you'll be able to see where we are!
And if that's not good enough, we've still got our guesimated route highlighted below...
Just as before, these are some links where you might be able to track our flight. With all of these sites, be sure to hit refresh (F5) and click 'Retry' as applicable to view the latest information.